At Billshark, we understand the importance of saving money any way we can, which is why we work hard to reduce bills for our customers on commonly used services. Whether it’s phone, TV, internet, alarm or streaming services, virtually every service category is negotiable -- even satellite radio.
Despite the fact that SiriusXM dominates satellite radio with very little competition and strong pricing power, it’s still possible for existing customers to negotiate with SiriusXM to get great deals. Here’s how to do it:
See how much you could save!
Step 1: Contact SiriusXM Directly
If you are one of SiriusXM’s 35 million subscribers, you know what a valuable and essential streaming service it is, with nearly every genre of music and talk radio represented on over 350 channels. Most people become Sirius customers through the free trial offered when buying a new car.
Customers often end up converting their free trials to memberships, using the service from multiple locations -- in the car, at home and on multiple devices. It’s easy to sign up and forget about it, enjoying the service for years without looking at bills or renegotiating rates. If you want to make sure you are getting the best deal, however, it takes a little work. One of the first steps to any successful negotiation is to contact the company and talk to a live person on the phone.
- Locate the phone number on your SiriusXM statement and have your account number ready.
- Know what you are paying for before you call. Figure out how you are using the service to get to the best, most cost-effective plan for you and your family and don’t allow yourself to get talked into a bigger plan than you need.
Step 2: Start Negotiating
Once you have a general idea of whether or not you want to stick to the plan you have and after you’ve done a little research, you will be ready to start the negotiation process.
- Research the different SiriusXM plans being offered. To make it easy, we’ve outlined the most popular packages that are currently out there:
Free streaming of over 300 channels on phone, home and online (no car) for 4 months; monthly paid period starts after free period ends based on rates at that time.
Over 350 channels in and out of the car for $60 for first 12 months plus free activation.
All Access Plan
Same as above with the addition of personalized stations and two Howard Stern channels, including video for $99 for first 12 months plus free activation.
- Contact the SiriusXM retention department and ask to speak to someone about re-assessing your plan.
- Mention how much you are enjoying the service, but explain that you feel your rates are too high and want a better deal. Reject the first offer they give you.
- If you don’t get the results you are looking for, hang up and try again another time. You might do better with a different representative.
Step 3: Let a Company Negotiate for You
If you dislike long wait times and frustrating confrontations about money, hiring a professional negotiator is the easiest, quickest and most effective step. Having a bill-cutting service like Billshark do the heavy lifting for you eliminates the hassle and ensures you will get the best possible deal.
- Use our cost calculator on our website to get estimated savings within minutes. Select service type, service provider and input your current monthly payment and we calculate the rest.
- Let us take it from there. We will call your provider, ask all of the tough questions and get you the best rate. You don’t pay us a thing until we are successful.
Renegotiating all of your bills is one of the quickest ways to cut spending. Billshark’s team of experts get the very best deals from every company, even those with monopolies like SiriusXM. Contact us today to learn more.