As a successful entrepreneur and investor, Mark Cuban has a lot of wisdom to share. The self-made billionaire, who dispenses valuable business advice on the Shark Tank, believes that certain qualities are critical to success. If you have your own business or hope to start one someday, there’s no better place to start than the guidance of the Great White Shark.
- “Work like there is someone working 24 hours a day to take it all away from you.”
- “I don’t really have new ideas, but I manage to combine information in ways most people hadn’t considered. They aren’t new ideas, it’s just that most people don’t do their homework about their businesses and industry, so there is usually a place to sneak in and do something a little different.” http://blogmaverick.com/2009/
- “Treat your customers like they own you. Because they do.”
- “Creating opportunities means looking where others are not. Look outside where all your friends are looking. Make a list of jobs and businesses that are outside the norm. I know you want to follow your passions and get a job in sports, movies, tv, shooting video for Girls Gone Wild, and other things your friends would love. Why fight the crowds? Go where people are not.” http://blogmaverick.com/2009/
- “Sweat equity is the most valuable equity there is. Know your business and industry better than anyone else in the world. Love what you do or don’t do it.”
- “Every good deal has a win-win solution, there is nothing I hate more than someone who tries to squeeze every last penny out of the deal.” http://www.businessinsider.
- “Most people think it’s all about the idea. It’s not. EVERYONE has ideas. The hard part is doing the homework to know if the idea could work in an industry, then doing the preparation to be able to execute on the idea.”http://blogmaverick.com/2009/
Want more advice from the top financial gurus in the world? Jump in! Billshark is just getting started.