An Investment In Knowledge Pays The Best Interest
Benjamin Franklin once said that, “an investment in knowledge pays the best interest.” There’s an ocean of knowledge and information out there and the Sharks are here to help you navigate it. Here are some of our favorite TED talks on everything from consumer behavior and psychology to shifting perspectives on how we spend money.
- Saving For Tomorrow, Tomorrow: Economist Shlomo Benartzi talks about the challenge of saving for retirement and how to overcome this behavioral obstacle.
- How behavioral science can lower your energy bil: Alex Laskey discusses how knowing what your neighbor pays can help you become a better energy consumer and actually lower your bill.
- We’ve stopped trusting institutions and started trusting strangers: Rachel Botsman discusses the profound shift in whom consumers trust, giving rise to companies like Uber and Airbnb.
- What really motivates people to be honest in business: Alexander Wagner discusses the economics, ethics and psychology of deception and why one in seven large corporations commits fraud.
- The unheard story of David and Goliath: Malcolm Gladwell shares a different perspective on the classic story of David and Goliath, concluding that the giant is not always as strong as he seems, and that sometimes, “a shepherd boy has a slingshot in his pocket.”